Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #1

Share |
Question

TOILET-Through the wall discharge

I'm redoing my son bathroom in his condo building. the problem I'm having is locating a mfg who makes a std floor mounted toilet which discharges through the wall not through the floor.It's a converted wharehouse where the floors are 2 ft thick pored concrete that why I think they used these toilets. This ones hight is perfect if you 4 ft hall!!!

hottub2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #2

I have a home built in the 60s with side discharge (to the rear). I know that this style is still available. They mount to the wall with four large bolts. I also did a google search and saw some that discharge out the back but sit on the floor. Do your search for "commercial toilet" or "wall mounted toilet" in google images and you'll get plenty of results. But be sure you bring your wallet - they certainly are not cheap.

Last edited by imautoparts; 12-12-2012 at 11:52 AM.
imautoparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
Household Handyman

I would recommend looking into buying a "wall-mount" toilet. By being mounted to the wall, and not the floor, the waste line would to through the wall. Then IF this is an exterior wall, and your local code(s) will allow the waste line on the outside of the building, your set to continue it onto your main drain line. Yes these are a bit pricier than a regular floor-mount toilet but will work well in this situation.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by imautoparts View Post
I have a home built in the 60s with side discharge (to the rear). I know that this style is still available. They mount to the wall with four large bolts. I also did a google search and saw some that discharge out the back but sit on the floor. Do your search for "commercial toilet" or "wall mounted toilet" in google images and you'll get plenty of results. But be sure you bring your wallet - they certainly are not cheap.
The toilet he has now looks like a std toilet floor mounted but the waste line is our the back- pipes are in place so I don't want to start a new project. Just put 2 in- wall units in my lake house and thats nor what I want to do here.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #5

[quote=imautoparts;1071751]I have a home built in the 60s with side discharge (to the rear). I know that this style is still available. They mount to the wall with four large bolts. I also did a google search and saw some that discharge out the back but sit on the floor. Do your search for "commercial toilet" or "wall mounted toilet" in google images and you'll get plenty of results. But be sure you bring your wallet - they certainly are not cheap.
[/quoteNot what I have this toilet looks like a std floor mount I'll check comm. toilets when I go to wall mounts all i get is what your showing.-thanks]
Old 12-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #6

There is a bank that I service (old) that has two of the toilets like you are talking about. The sit directly on the floor just like all the other millions of toilets out there but they discharge out the back through the wall. I wish I could tell you to run down to Lowes and pick one up but I just dont think they make them anymore.
Sorry.
southernkilowat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #7
Master Plumber

They are still made depending on the rough configuration. look for floor mount rear discharge water closets.
Attached Images

Experience is Knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it

http://www.americandrain.net
Javiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #8

I just did a little googling and came up with quite a few options. I'm sure there are others available. Just google the various brands with "rear outlet" or "rear discharge"

http://www.gerberonline.com/download...ltra_Flush.pdf

http://www.americanstandard-us.com/c...ngated-toilet/

http://www.mansfieldplumbing.com/pdf/149-119.pdf

http://www.mansfieldplumbing.com/pdf/151-119.pdf
stephen9666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #9
Doing it myself

Send a message via AIM to Alan Send a message via MSN to Alan

I bet it looks like this : http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Puo-EFbTwCQ/0.jpg

If not, i'm going home.

Tags