DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Toilet riser issue (

JJ2790 02-14-2010 11:40 PM

Toilet riser issue
I just replaced the whole sub-floor, joists, & finished floor in my mother-in-law's bathroom in a very old house. The riser is cast iron. The problem seems to have a simple solution but nobody @ the small hardware store there knows what I'm talking about.
The floor was completely rotted & falling through. After replacing the floor, the riser sits about 1 foot under the sub-floor & it has what looks like a 'crush sleeve' in it that goes up to the flange. It's crushed due to the floor caving over the years & needs to be remedied. Anyone have a clue what it is, where I can get another, or another solution?? Please help. It's all I need to finish this project

Just Bill 02-15-2010 05:41 AM

Are you talking about the drain?? Not sure to what you refer(a pic would help), but my guess, if the house if very old, is a lead collar of some sort. Try a plumbing supply house.

DangerMouse 02-15-2010 06:50 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum.

As Bill stated, a picture or two always helps here!


JJ2790 02-15-2010 09:59 AM

Yes I wish I took a pic. She lives 2.5 hours away from me. It is the drain, & you're right, it looks like a thin lead collar of some sort. Thank you

DangerMouse 02-15-2010 10:31 AM

Like Bill said, call around to plumbing supply stores.
(You'll likely not find these at the BB stores. Maybe, but I dunno....)
Did you already pull the broken one, so you can show the guys at the PS store?
Or at least measure it?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1