Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-24-2011, 06:03 AM   #1

Share |

Toilet not flushing away contents effectively....

Hi, ive recently had a whole new bathroom fitted and everything is working great except for the toilet. My problem is that the flushing cycle does not effectively flush away the waste. Once i press the full flush button, the water seems to just plonk into the pan at the front and back resulting in the base water just lifting and lowering down to normal level leaving alot of the waste(toilet paper etc) behind. There doesnt seem to be a circular water flushing motion that is the norm with most toilets. Its almost like im just pouring water into the pan and simply using gravity to displace the contents.

I have explained the problem to the supplier and he has sent out a plumber to inspect and replace the pan with an identical model believing that it was simply a faulty model. However, with the replacement i have the exact same problem and i'ts really frustrating. Especially as ive only one toilet in my house and when guests visit its embarrassing to have to warn them every time.

The type of toilet is a TC Express Toilet White Close Coupled WC & Soft Close Seat

http://www.hhbathrooms.com/toilets-1...pled-15917.htm

Any help would be greatly appreciated regarding suggestions or even my rights as a consumer in how i should deal with this problem as im not satisfied.

Thanks

conbutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:26 AM   #2

Not familiar with that toilet brand, but if two toilets function the same way in a given spot, i would suspect the spot. Was the plumbing modified or replaced?? Assuming there is no restriction at the flange, sounds like there may be inadequate venting.

Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
Not familiar with that toilet brand, but if two toilets function the same way in a given spot, i would suspect the spot. Was the plumbing modified or replaced?? Assuming there is no restriction at the flange, sounds like there may be inadequate venting.
Hi Bill, thanks for replying. The plumbing was modified.
conbutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:28 AM   #4
Still going...

Is this a new WaterSense toilet? Does it fully flush if you pour water from a 5 gallon bucket? Online searches say use Toto.

Master Bath, still going...
ChrisDIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
Just call me Andrew

I've heard bad things about dual-flush efficiency toilets. It might just be a crappy toilet, no pun intended

secutanudu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #6

This will by no means be conclusive, but you may want to search for a distributor that handles multiple lines, including the one that you have, whether on the net or locally, and see if they provide any comparisons between particular models. As an example, some of the big box stores rate the flush capability on a scale of 1-5 or 1-10, and, generally speaking, I have found that to be helpful. Otherwise, as Bill mentioned, I would revisit the plumbing itself, or, as Andrew said, there are some characteristics that seem to be less than ideal; it could be a combination of these two things.
DexterII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #7

I think that the only purpose of the circular swirling is to help clean the sides of the bowl. Most likely you have a blockage in the drain line or the vent line.

A hand held snake usually does not clear a toilet internal passageway or drain pipe adequately.