DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Toilet Gurgle

835 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Ghostmaker 
#1 ·
Changed WC1 over the weekend. Now we have a pretty good gurgle at WC1 when WC2 is flushed. Apparently the the trap and water level is lower on the new toilet, so less pressure to hold back the thrust of air when the WC2 is flushed.

pic 1 is the current layout, pic 2 is what I am considering. Any thoughts?

Text Line Triangle Diagram Design

Text Line Triangle Drawing Design

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
You can't use any fixtures not on the same floor as your wet vent on any fixtures that is called a stack. You also cannot tie anything within 30 inches of the base of a stack.

The bottom picture needs a vent on the tub. And from the stack 90 horizontal you cannot tie in the tub within that 30 inch zone. Also make real sure your using an air admittance valve not a cheater vent with a spring.

#3 ·
You can't use any fixtures not on the same floor as your wet vent on any fixtures that is called a stack.
Could you clarify this a little.

I did change the layout to pic 2 with exception to the tub which is tied in ahead of the of wet vent 90. The current pic shows it behind the 90. It is more than 30".

Also make real sure your using an air admittance valve not a cheater vent with a spring.
Yes, I am sure that is what's on there. I will change it.
But don't think that is going to help with the gurgle.
We ran a test, by removing the 1 1/2" clean out plug. When flushing WC2,
the water in WC1 was nearly still. Think I need to tie in another vent.

But what ticks me is the old toilet had no issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.