Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #1

Share |

Toilet Flushing Issues

Hello everyone,

My name is Chris and i would really appreciate it if I could get some advise about our toilets flushing issues.

Our toilet is currently draining very slowly(for example: you can pee and flush and it will slowly drain down to normal levels, it takes roughly 45 mins or so) and will not flush down hardly anything without excessive plunging.

Here's what we've done so far:

1. We took the toilet completely off and checked the pipe underneath for blockage and could not see anything. We then checked the pipes inside the toilet for blockage and couldn't find a thing.

2. We replaced the toilet with another toilet and continued to have the same problem.

3. We adjusted the water level in the back of the toilet to the maximum water level and that also did nothing for our draining issues.(we did this with both toilets)

4. We took the toilet off again and ran a hose into the pipe and let it run for a while to double check that there was no blockage and it drained Ok. After doing that we put the toilet back on and are still having the same problem.

Some things we noticed is that the toilet itself is not exactly level. It has a slightly forward tilt and we were wondering if that could throw off the way the water enters the toilet but since this is a recent issue and we assume its always had the slight tilt we wern't completely sure about that.

I've also read about maybe a vent being blocked causing issues like this. before we send someone on the roof to check it i thought id see what you guys thought.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Chrishwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #2

Toilet Flushing Issues

Dump a 5 gal bucket of water down the pipe with the toilet removed.
Yes a blocked vent can cause a sloow draining toilet. Have you noticed any thing else draining slow or making gurgling sounds when the toilets flushed?

joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joecaption For This Useful Post:
Chrishwa (08-04-2012)
Old 08-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #3

Toilet Flushing Issues

time for a service plumber with a mainline cable machine. Stay away from national franchised rooter companies. get a recommendation from friends or family nearby
plumberinlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:13 AM   #4

Toilet Flushing Issues

we havn't noticed anything else draining slowly, but we only have 1 bathroom and usually the toilet and shower are not in use at the same time. Does this rule out the blocked vent theory? and we will try the 5 gallon bucket thing. Any other ideas?
Chrishwa is offline   Reply With Quote