DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Toilet Flush Handle

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  majakdragon 
#1 ·
When I flush my toilet, I need to hold the handle down a couple of seconds until it flushes. It does not flush immediately when I press the handle. I replaced the flush valve, but that did not help. The water in the bowl is also a little low. Can anyone help? :huh:

#2 ·
Sure we can help, you need to make adjustments to the chain that connects to the handle, make it with just a little bit of slack in it.

For water to low, look in tank, there should see a bowl fill tube that comes from the fillvalve and sets on top of or just inside of the flushvalve overfill, this need to be there, it fills the bowl to it's proper level after each flush, also make sure the tank water level it set high enough, usally sets at 1" below the overfill. :)

#4 ·
Then your talking about a flapper not a flush valve, there are two types of flappers out there, water savers and regular types, did you happen to install a water saver type, for this will close to soon on a non water saver toilet, if you have the old sytle toilet then using the water saver flapper will be a problem.

What type of toilet is it? and do you know if it is a water saver or a old style toilet?

Does it look like this one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.