DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

toilet drain pipe is crooked on new construction

18K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  smcmurrey 
#1 ·
I have a new house I'm working on and the drain for one toilet is crooked. I have a 4" drain in concrete with a glue in inside closet flange. When I put the closet flange in one side it about 3/4" off the slab, what are my options? I'm hoping they make a flange with more play in it than this one, the other 2 went in and were only about 1/4" off.

Thanks,
Stan.

#4 ·
Stan,
A toilet flange should be bolted down on top of the finished floor level with only the thickness of the flange above finished floor level.
The flange and toilet should be as level as possible for the wax ring to seal properly.
The toilet should be leveled with a level across the bowel. There are beveled plastic shims made for the purpose to level the toilet base on an unlevel floor (shim under the rim of the base).
If your flange won't seat better than being 3/4" off on one side, I don't believe that anything short of breaking up the concrete and replumbing it to be level on top of the finished floor is ever going to work properly.
Good luck!
Mike

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies, I have no access to the pipe to straighten it. The bathroom is in the middle of the house with a concrete slab. The floors are stained concrete so I really hate to bust it out. I think there were some closet flanges with rubber gaskets around them to make the seal, I'm going to go back to the store and look around for anything that may work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.