Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Toilet doesn't flush properly, drains, clogged?

Last night around 9-10 I decided it was a smart idea to flush one of my pet snake's (13 foot reticulated python) turds down my toilet for quick disposal. It was in the water dish and looked to be more of a pain and nasty to fish out so I dumped it in and flushed.

Now, my current problem the next morning at 1 am: the toilet will drain if I poor water into it, not as fast as normal, but still pretty quickly. A full bowel of water takes about 15-25 seconds to completely drain down to the bottom.

I've tried the following:
Plunging the hell out of it.
Dish Soap and Hot Water
Vinegar and Baking Soda (letting it sit)
Some sort of yellow bottle drain unclogger from wal-mart
and now I have a gallon of "main line cleaner" sitting in it for about 2-3 hours now.

The result has still been the same. Everything drains; however, the toilet when flushed fills the bowel to nearly the rim, and then slow drains, never behaving normally. The next step is going to be sulphuric acid in the form of a product such as "liquid fire".

I can not feel anything with a coat hanger or the auger I bought, but there must be something down there.

Any advice? Letting it sit for days is not going to work- as it's my only toilet.

Millinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 4,152

Last thing ever to use in plumbing drain is drain cleaners. For one thing it's now a hazzard to anyone trying to work on it.

What type snake did you use? To check the toilet you need a closit auger.
To clean out the main drains you need a much bigger snake then one of those little hand held things.

I would remove the toilet and lay it on it's sit and look in from the bottom to see if you see anything suck in there. Shake it back and forth to see if you hear anything.
Pore a 5 gal bucket of water down the drain. If it go's down without filling the pipe then it's not plugged. It's something stuck in the toilet.
Your going to need a new wax ring to reinstall the toilet.

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
Happy to help

Rewards Points: 25

For some reason I thought you flushed the huge snake at first

That caustic chemical stuff is really bad for anyone that comes behind you. Might be worth picking up a plumbing snake camera from a rental place. You can rent them pretty cheap, and you will know for sure what is going on.

Those must have been some turds.
Lighting Retro is offline   Reply With Quote