DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Toilet; Cistern to Toilet pipe ( Complete Novice)

10K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  PaulD 
#1 ·
Please help
I am having problems with the pipe carrying water from Toilet Cistern ( Water Tank) to the Toilet every tim ewe flush the toilet few drops of clean water from the cistern drop from the pipe on to th efloor i hav edrianed the water from the cistern and need to take apart the pipe refitt it but it must have a water tight joints can you point me in the direction of some thing that is most useful . The other thing is that the line from the cistern to the toile is not direct in other words its not a exact line there is a slight angle which may be causing the problems.:confused: :confused:

#2 ·
Toilet inlet leak

broke1973 said:
Please help
I am having problems with the pipe carrying water from Toilet Cistern ( Water Tank) to the Toilet every tim ewe flush the toilet few drops of clean water from the cistern drop from the pipe on to th efloor i hav edrianed the water from the cistern and need to take apart the pipe refitt it but it must have a water tight joints can you point me in the direction of some thing that is most useful . The other thing is that the line from the cistern to the toile is not direct in other words its not a exact line there is a slight angle which may be causing the problems.:confused: :confused:

There are two types of connectors to the toilet pan from the cistern. One is a stiff insert with ribbed sides and needs to be fitted with more accuracy than the more flexible external connector.
If the water is leaking from above, eg from the cistern itself, the fault may lie in the compression joint immediately below the cistern. Dry it all well and trace the position of the leak.

Another way to fix this sort of leak is to reposition and center the cistern on the pan.

I hope this helps and isn't too like double dutch

Paul (plumber0:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.