Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-31-2011, 06:07 PM   #1

Share |

Toilet

Ok so I have a real problem. All the drains in my house are cast iron and they have rust holes thru out them, but im gonna run new drains to the tub and both sinks. My problem is the toilet. I cant replace the toilet drain without cutting the slab (witch I dont wanna have to do). I have to pull the toilet out to finish remodeling my bathroom , but im worried that I wont be able to put another flange in because of the condition of the pipes. Does any body have any suggestions
Jake418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:23 PM   #2

Toilet

A possible problem is having the flange lip break off. Then you would need to find an alternate way of fastening the toilet to the floor. For example expandable lead anchors going into the concrete slab. A new wax ring will seal the toilet against the old flange.

I would then leave the portion of drain pipe embedded in the slab as-is. But concrete is inherently porous and if there was a hole in the pipe then sewage will soak into the concrete possibly causing an overall odor that you don't know the origin of until you read this paragraph..
Old 03-31-2011, 07:52 PM   #3

Toilet

That sounds like it will work.
Jake418 is offline   Reply With Quote