Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing


Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
Rewards Points: 10

thermostatic valve

We are looking at the La Toscana shower system. Our plumber suggested we look at 3/4'' systems so we don't have water pressure problems.
The system we are looking at says it is a 3/4'' valve and it also says it has 1/2'' ips inlets. Does that mean that it takes in 1/2'' cold/hot water but that it sends 3/4'' to the sprays/shower heads, etc?
This is the item http://www.faucetline.com/item_descr...m&prodid=20783

Thank you,


mntgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
Master Plumber Lon
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: michigan
Posts: 30
Rewards Points: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to lonsplumbing

thermostatic valve

1/2 means that its reduced at the valve . Its a 1/2 supply. Not a 3/4.

lonsplumbing is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to diagnose gas valve problems Nestor_Kelebay How To Guides 28 10-30-2013 05:19 PM
How to install thermostatic reactive valve and repack supply valve Leah Frances How To Guides 1 06-10-2009 11:49 AM
Best 1/2 inch water shut off valve. Nestor_Kelebay Plumbing 10 07-25-2008 12:16 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.