DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Temp Pressure Relief Valve plumbing question (

poesprogeny 11-18-2011 11:43 AM

Temp Pressure Relief Valve plumbing question
I am going from a side mount water heater to top mount, so the Temp/Pressure Relief Valve drain hole is in the wrong spot. A normal T/P Relief Drain pipe won't work. I have to do a couple of elbows and so forth to get it in the right spot.

Can all of this be done with CPVC fittings?

For instance will a CPVC threaded fitting be good enough to attach to the T/P relief valve itself?

I ask because there's a short piece of steel pipe going to my current valve and the other side of the steel pipe attaches to a flexible T/P drain pipe.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Alan 11-18-2011 09:14 PM

CPVC is fine for your T&P. You have to use the same size piping as what the T&P valve is threaded for. You need to make sure the piping grades away from the valve.

ben's plumbing 11-18-2011 09:17 PM

agree with alan you can not reduce the size of your piping comming off the tpr valve 3/4 inch all the way to discharge

poesprogeny 11-19-2011 05:38 PM

Thanks for the help!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1