Tap Spindle Over Rotates? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
tap spindle over rotates?

We have had this new brewer's mixer tap set for about 7 months now. I was very suprised to see the cold water tap starting to drip from the spout last week after turnung it off, since it has ceramic discs which are supposed to be the best type of tap washers/valves to get. Then I also noticed a squeaky rubber kind of sound when the cold water tap is actually turned, the hot water tap doesn't squeak. I found that putting downward pressure on the tap handle while turning it off invariably stopped the leak when turning it off. This week the tap started flowing water slightly when turned off: it's like the spindle now rotates past the off position and comes back on again when it reaches its rotation limit. I took it apart to check the ceramic discs and seals: they seem fine (lugs keep them in position), but the spindle clearly rotates past the 3/4 circle turn (to the off position) and opens up the gap between the discs again.

My question is: Is there any way to adjust the spindle position back where it was/should be, or is it just a faulty spindle that needs to be chucked?

Advertisement

skar is offline   Reply With Quote