Tank Less Water Heater Bidet Vs Tank Type Water Heater Bidet - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-04-2010, 10:54 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Tank less water heater bidet vs tank type water heater bidet

So in addition to our new washer and dryer, I have convinced my husband that we NEED to install an electronic bidet. So we've narrowed it down to two models...one with a tank less on demand water heater and one with a tank type water heater. I've googled and googled and I can't seem to find what the difference is, or rather, which one is better to have. Where does the hot water come from in a tank less on demand water heater.

If anybody can help out with this I'd really appreciate it.

Advertisement

husband&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 150

I am not really familiar with your type of bidet, but tankless usually means that it will heat the water instantly on demand. While the one with the tank will store water and keep heating it to make sure there is always hot water available. In a tankless system, the water would have to be heated up a little, so you would have to run it a little before it would get warm.

Tankless is more energy efecient as it does not keep heating the water constantly, but only when necessary.

Advertisement

slickgt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:24 AM   #3

Thanks for replying so quickly. I appreciate your post especially since there isn't much info out there in regards to tank vs tankless bidets.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:51 PM   #4

The bidet stored tank system will give you from 20 to 60 seconds of warm water depending on the model and when the water first starts coming out it will be warm. With the bidet tank-less system, in the beginning the water will be less than warm or cool for a second or less (depending on the unit) but will give you unlimited warm water, as long as you want it.

Hope that help and have a fabulous week :-)

Last edited by Scuba_Dave; 04-06-2010 at 09:00 AM. Reason: removed adv link
The Bidet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:59 PM   #5

This was exactly what I needed! I love your username by the way.

My mother and father are from the Philippines and they have been using bidets their entire lives. Growing up in the states has made it hard for us as a family to keep the "tradition" alive so to speak. When I read about electronic bidets I knew that I needed to get one! From what I understand, the tank less heater bidets are energy efficient and also provides constant warm water once the temperature gets up there.

I've been so excited about our bidet that I've been telling all of my friends about it. As soon as they get over the confusion and revulsion they begin to realize just how ineffective toilet paper is and that they've been partaking in this unsanitary practice their whole lives. I might not convince everybody to get a bidet, but maybe if I can convince just ONE person that it's not only the cleanest way to go but also refreshing! Using a bidet for a first time is definitely a "Eureka!" moment! haha!

Thank you for all of your help! I read your blog and one of the two models that we've narrowed our choices down to was mentioned! That reassures me that we're on the right track.

Again, thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to husband&me For This Useful Post:
The Bidet Guy (04-06-2010)