DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   T-shaped Tub Drain Exist? (

blueboy27 10-29-2007 11:20 PM

T-shaped Tub Drain Exist?
I'm installing a jetted tub in my basement and I'm forced to install the drain-side of this tub away from the drain location by some distance due to needing access to the jet water pump. I would like to know if a fitting exists that would allow me to run the opposite direction of the typical overflow/drain combination. Everything would run along the length of the tub and then down into the drain rather than draining just beneath the overflow drain.

To summarize, I would like to attach to the overflow then extend down, turn 90 towards the tub drain then continue on to a roughed-in drain in the concrete ~4ft away.

I realize that I could set the tub high enough to get the normal drain rerouted but this would look awkward.

Ron The Plumber 10-31-2007 01:25 PM

You can do an offset with all glue joints, but I think max distance by code is 30" but don't quote me on that.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.