Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #1

Share |

Sump Pump recommendations

I am finishing my basement, and my sump pump has not been replaced since the house was built over ten years ago. I figure it would be a wise choice to replace the one I have with a newer one since I am finishing the basement. I have a Generac generator installed for the whole house, which the sump pump has its own 20amp breaker. Worked great for hurricane sandy in Pennsylvania. The pump I believe is a flotec, and that is all I know about it. The several questions I have is, I want a combo pump to install. The issue I am seeing is they have a battery for secondary pump, which to me seems useless to me. I want a pump like the watchdog brand, but does the secondary pump only run off the battery and are there combos without a battery for the secondary pump? What about two pumps in one basin, but can that be in tandem or will they both run with water in the basin? Lastly, can you angle the pipe 45 after clearing the basin to run flush (90) against the wall and down the outflow pipe (gravity)?

rj00005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #2

Also forgot what pumps does anyone recommend. I see watchdog gets high review scores on amazon, lowes, homedepot, and other sources via online. If I get two pumps though, I think the one I have I will keep and just get another one, so what other pump is good. Saw a lot of zoltec I think its said and Wayne.

rj00005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
An old Tradesmen

Moved to Plumbing forum.
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote