Suggestion Needed For A Whole House Water System - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-28-2013, 04:14 AM   #1
kan

Rewards Points: 10

suggestion needed for a whole house water system

Wife is complaining about the hard water drying her skin and hair.

From the WQ report, TDS 450, Hardness 11 grains, PH 8.0, no Iron number shown in the report. http://www.mnwd.com/uploads/document...%205-21-12.pdf

I bought a premium system from Aquasana. After spending two days cut the main line and tap out all plumbing, finally system starts to service. I do notice the water tastes better, mainly because of the rhino bottles (activated carbon) I guess. One thing I realized after the install is the water softener (conditioner) does not do any good to really soften the water.

I have a RO system for 3 years. So I am thinking of returning the whole aquasana and get a set of system with water based softening. I am looking at whirlpool units from Lowes.

First of all, is it a good idea to use a 20" cartridge prefilter before all other filter device? Then the water filter system + softener.

Anyone could give me a good suggestion of the filter system and softener? So far the whilrlpool system from lowes is in my list.

Advertisement

kan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
from Canada

Rewards Points: 10

I don't know which purification method Aquasana use, but i faith in Aqua guard which i never complained about from last 12 years. Why not you try Aqua guard water Systems

Advertisement

Marlo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,208

I know this is a DIY site, but instead of guessing, why not call somebody like Culligan to figure out what you need?? It's not rocket science, but exactly what you need depends entirely on the quality of your water and whatever contaminants it may contain. I personally have lots of experience in the design and operation of military water purification systems, but I still used Culligan to spec out what I needed for my house.
md2lgyk is offline   Reply With Quote