DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Plumbing (http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/)
-   -   Strangely Leaking Toilet... (http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/strangely-leaking-toilet-129932/)

OhmZoned 01-14-2012 12:18 PM

Strangely Leaking Toilet...
 
Hi everyone - having a problem with my toilet leaking, looking for opinions\advice.

http://www.diychatroom.com/members/o...947-toilet.jpg

For the last few days I have noticed water pooling along the rim of the toilet where the blue arrows indicate. This is a one piece toilet so it is not a top tank leaking into the bottom tank. I also do not see water running down from the lid, so I am wondering if it could be leaking through the seat screw holes? I have also noticed the toilet is very slow to refill (even though the valve is open) and it sounds like it runs rather often.

This toilet has never been that ahem.. powerful, so I am half tempted to just replace it with something a bit higher quality anyway. I have replaced a toilet before, so no problems there.

Thanks much. :thumbsup:
Ohm

TarheelTerp 01-14-2012 12:20 PM

condensation?
bad ceramics?

either way... I'd change it out with a standard 2 piece.

OhmZoned 01-14-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TarheelTerp (Post 822335)
condensation?
bad ceramics?

either way... I'd change it out with a standard 2 piece.

Too much water for condensation I would think. Bad ceramics is very possible. Yeah, I may just treat myself to a new one!

bubbler 01-14-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhmZoned (Post 822332)
This toilet has never been that ahem.. powerful, so I am half tempted to just replace it with something a bit higher quality anyway. I have replaced a toilet before, so no problems there.

It looks like a lousy low flow from the late 80s or early 90s... I'm amazed at what my bargain priced Kohler Wellworth can do... My vote would be to replace it... I would never again live with a "crappy" flush...

OhmZoned 01-14-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbler (Post 822370)
My vote would be to replace it... I would never again live with a "crappy" flush...

The #1 rated toilet on Consumer Reports (American Standard Champion 4 2002.014) happens to be on 25% sale and free shipping. Must be fate.

:icon_cool:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.