Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #1

Share |

Storm water drainage addition help.

Storm water drainage addition help.-drainage-plan-words.jpg

Hey guys I am needing to install/redo a new drainage system for the rain water on and around my house, as after a rain it will always flood around the side of my house and the water has nowhere to go. I have attached a little diagram that shows the layout I propose to do, my question is, will one length of 90mm pvc pipe be enough to accomodate 3 down pipes plus some channel grate drains in between?

I have tried to put as much detail into the diagram i drew up as possible, my houses' width is around 4.5 metres, which should give an indication of the rough lengths of everything else. So basically, I am first connecting a outdoor floor drain, picking up a down pipe, both running into the L shape grate drain in the side path, which runs back into 90mm pipe, that picks up another down pipe, that runs down to pick up another small grate drain and down pipe, then out to the easement.
would I need to add any other attachments like a venting drain or another surface drain somewhere? not too sure.

Thank you for any replies,

cheers.

Last edited by breakerboy2000; 03-24-2013 at 05:27 PM.
breakerboy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
Lord of Slums

Pic should be good. Are you in the Jungle, where is your location. What is your soil type? Flat roof? Shed roof is flat? How many down spouts in the back of your house. 90 mm, is that 4 inches? Should be enough, six inch better if you are laying new pipe. I wonder about adding venting to ground water drains. I did a set up with a vent but it was a great deal of surface area dumping into one drain. This is a question landscapers could answer as well...

mj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #3

thanks for the reply,

90mm is 3.54 inches, which, im pretty sure is the standard size pipe for house drainage here in aus, ovcourse there are larger sizes, i think next one up is 100mm although it would be harder to find alot of attachments like corner pieces and T's etc for anything other than 90mm,

Thanks again.
breakerboy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
Lord of Slums

If you run into trouble you could always discharge the shed onto the ground. They make a concrete that actually drains water through it. Not sure if it ever hit the commerical market.
mj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #5

What is important, including for underground pipes, is that water not accumulate partway down the pipe.

So you need to be sure that the pipe is continuously sloping downhill, and empties out somewhere away from the house so the pipe can never back up.

Tags
irrigation plumbing