Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2005, 10:02 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3
Rewards Points: 10
Default

stainless steel kitchen sink


:confused: What would cause a hole in a stainless steel sink? Could something drop from the cabinet and make a hole or what. Give me some instances.
My story goes, my tenant calls (has double sink)vstates the right sink pours the leak when she uses it, she does not know how long it has been leaking. I send my plumber and he calls me and says there is a hole in the sink. I ask the tenant about this , she states who would want to jab a hole in the sink, (she also stated that my plumber acted like he was three sheets in the wind), just earlier she states that a screen on the front of the house has been sliced, and someone had stole some medication from her house.

KANUTTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 01:16 AM   #2
Contractor
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jensen Beach, FL
Posts: 835
Rewards Points: 500
Default

stainless steel kitchen sink


a fired bullet might be the cause. What does the hole look like? Acid could be another cause.

Teetorbilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:17 AM   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3
Rewards Points: 10
Default

stainless steel kitchen sink


Quote:
Originally Posted by Teetorbilt
a fired bullet might be the cause. What does the hole look like? Acid could be another cause.
Looks like jab from a knife.
KANUTTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:30 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: beverly Ma
Posts: 42
Rewards Points: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to fburke
Default

stainless steel kitchen sink


Normal ware and tear would not cause a hole in a sink unless it was rotted or has some chemical spilled on it.



I would have the sink replaced ( the tenant won’t do it and you will have water issues down the road) and make the tenant pay for it …or let him know that it will come out of there security deposit.

fburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 02:52 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 91
Rewards Points: 75
Default

stainless steel kitchen sink


Quote:
Originally Posted by KANUTTER
What would cause a hole in a stainless steel sink? Could something drop from the cabinet and make a hole or what. Give me some instances.
My story goes, my tenant calls (has double sink)vstates the right sink pours the leak when she uses it, she does not know how long it has been leaking. I send my plumber and he calls me and says there is a hole in the sink. I ask the tenant about this , she states who would want to jab a hole in the sink, (she also stated that my plumber acted like he was three sheets in the wind), just earlier she states that a screen on the front of the house has been sliced, and someone had stole some medication from her house.

I have only come across one stainless sink that had a hole in it. It was in a lounge and the owner did'nt want to replace it right away. So, I purchased some metal fix epoxy for stainless and with proper prep, it worked great. It might be an option while you have that tenant.
plumguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 11:37 PM   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3
Rewards Points: 10
Default

stainless steel kitchen sink


Quote:
Originally Posted by plumguy
I have only come across one stainless sink that had a hole in it. It was in a lounge and the owner did'nt want to replace it right away. So, I purchased some metal fix epoxy for stainless and with proper prep, it worked great. It might be an option while you have that tenant.
Thanks for all of the input. The sink now is replaced, tenant is responsible and willing to pay, but says she did not do it. Its over now, wonder what will come up next.
Thanks again
KANUTTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:42 AM   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1
Rewards Points: 10
Default

stainless steel kitchen sink


I've also got a small hole in my stainless steel sink (caused by a flat headed screwdriver falling from a height) and I've been wondering whether it's fixable. I'm encouraged by plumguy's reference to metal fix epoxy for stainless. I'm a bit of a diy novice, so please be patient with me! What exactly is this epoxy stuff, is it easy to get hold of, easy to use? I really don't want to have to pay for a new sink and having it fitted if this small hole (about half an inch long) can be repaired.
Thanks in advance
Michael

mstjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Current trends: Cast Iron or Stainless Steel sink? Fat b Remodeling 4 05-04-2007 07:09 PM
Kitchen sink jonnyjonny_uk Plumbing 6 11-20-2006 06:43 AM
Sink or No Sink in Kitchen Island? Not Sure Plumbing 4 08-29-2006 07:37 PM
Gauge of stainless steel sink Not Sure Plumbing 2 08-29-2006 04:56 AM
Dent in Kitchen Sink jacktarap Plumbing 1 09-15-2005 10:06 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.