Stackable Washer/dryer In Shower Stall - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-03-2008, 02:09 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Stackable washer/dryer in shower stall

Hello,

I would like to have installed a stackable washer and dryer in my second bathroom shower stall. This is a vintage apartment where the hot and cold water have two separate handles. How does this impact the project?

Also, what other concerns do I need to think about for making this possible? I 've got a water source, a drain, and a 27 x 31" area. What else do I need to consider? (I know NOTHING about home improvement! Educate me!)

Thanks,

kendrah

Advertisement

kendrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:18 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 500
Send a message via AIM to Marlin

Stackable washer/dryer in shower stall

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendrah View Post
Hello,

I would like to have installed a stackable washer and dryer in my second bathroom shower stall. This is a vintage apartment where the hot and cold water have two separate handles. How does this impact the project?

Also, what other concerns do I need to think about for making this possible? I 've got a water source, a drain, and a 27 x 31" area. What else do I need to consider? (I know NOTHING about home improvement! Educate me!)

Thanks,

kendrah

You can not use the shower body for the water supply to the washing machine. You will need to access the pipes behind the wall somewhere and install boiler drains or a washing machine valve around the area of the machine.
You can not use the shower drain for the washing machine. The washing machine requires it's own 2" drain with a standpipe. Your shower is likely 1.5" and defiantly does not have a stand pipe.

Advertisement

Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote