DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Splicing ABS Black Vent Pipe (

Garfield 12-07-2009 03:16 PM

Splicing ABS Black Vent Pipe
I had to replace a shower faucet apparatus which went well, however someone placed the 1 & 1/2 " vent pipe right behind the faucet in the wall. I had to cut the black pipe (8 to 10 inches) so I could replace the faucet. Neither the upper or lower pipe will budge so I can put pipe and couplings on the existing pipe. I've never ran across anything like this before. Do they make unions or what. Any suggestions. Again, neither pipe will budge and it's tight quarters. Thanks

rjniles 12-07-2009 03:53 PM

Use Fernco connectors (rubber sleeve with the SS clamps). Any home center or plumbing supply hose will have them. Fernco is a brand name and there are other suppliers.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.

Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved