Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #1

Share |

slow leak

Hi everyone,

I trenched my basement and passed inspection with a water test. I ended up letting the water sit and noticed that there is a slow leak. I'm assuming that any drop in water level isn't ok.

What's stopping me from finding the problem is that I have a very high water table where I live in Milwaukee. It's all clay under the house. So I can't see a drip anywhere... it's all already a little moist and was when I first started trenching. In fact, I did end up draining some water (5 gallons) into my trench and it drained through the clay before I had a chance to get to the garage to get my wetvac.

So, should I worry about a drip that probably is just going to get absorbed into the ground?

If so, any thoughts on how to find it? I did try putting plastic under the pvc to see if I can separate drips from the ground water.

Thanks.

homeplumber8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #2

slow leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeplumber8 View Post
Hi everyone,

I trenched my basement and passed inspection with a water test. I ended up letting the water sit and noticed that there is a slow leak. I'm assuming that any drop in water level isn't ok.

What's stopping me from finding the problem is that I have a very high water table where I live in Milwaukee. It's all clay under the house. So I can't see a drip anywhere... it's all already a little moist and was when I first started trenching. In fact, I did end up draining some water (5 gallons) into my trench and it drained through the clay before I had a chance to get to the garage to get my wetvac.

So, should I worry about a drip that probably is just going to get absorbed into the ground?

If so, any thoughts on how to find it? I did try putting plastic under the pvc to see if I can separate drips from the ground water.

Thanks.
1 st ...its inspected which means inspector was happy with test....2nd you could be leaking through test ball....drain test water and back fill it will be ok .. ben sr

ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #3

slow leak

Would it be possible for you to do an air test. Use soap water and look for bubbles. 5 LB is an air test.
Ghostmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghostmaker For This Useful Post:
joecaption (08-24-2013)