Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-31-2010, 08:24 PM   #1

Share |

slow draining kitchen sink

I installed a new sink and all new plumbing underneath, I removed the 6 gallon water heater that was under the sink (it did not work so hot, and took up a lot of needed room). With the w/h gone, I installed a garbage disposal. I hooked up the dishwasher to the disposal, knocked out the knock out, and put ALL new PVC pipes for my drain.
Now my sink drains REALLY, REALLY, REALLY slow. I read somewhere that I should try and plung it, since the drain was open for about a week while I remodeled my kitchen, that has not worked. The one thing that concerns me is the flexable P-trap I had to install. The only side of my dual sinks that I could put the disposal on, is right in front of the part of the wall where the drain goes. Any ideas?? PLEASE HELP
Slowdrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:07 AM   #2

did it drain properly before this?
rudolph58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
Household Handyman

"I hooked up the dishwasher to the disposal." Are you saying you tied the dishwasher directly into the garbage disposal? I'm not sure I understand that one. IF you placed the disposer in front of the main drain at the wall, how does the other sink tie into the system? IMO--the disposer goes under the other sink, the dishwasher ties in after the disposer, then both would "T" in below the sink nearest the main drain. David
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote