Slab Leak - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 83

Slab leak

I have a florida house built in 2005. When ever I run the dishwasher I get a leak in the bedroom which is located right next to the kitchen. Does not leak any water when I do not run the dishwasher so I believe it is the drain pipe that has a problem, even though I can run the sink for an hour and still no leak, but I guess the pressure is not enough like the dishwasher draining water. I am curious, if the dishwasher and the leak in the bedroom are on the wall side, instead of breaking up the slab to get to the leak once located, can a plumber or myself dig up the soil on the outside and try to locate the damage. And can a plumber fix a slab leak from under the slab? or will they always fix from the top. Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement

streetneons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
Retired Army Veteran

Rewards Points: 1,366

Slab leak

It's possible. Really depends where the leak actually is. Locating and gaining access to it will be the issue. A local certified plumber from your area will know the best way to handle this situation.

You may have to go through the slab from above which means you will have to cut and chisel your way through the concrete to repair the pipes as you have already pointed out. Sorry I can't be of more help to you. Stay tuned, the pro's will be along shortly with more advice for you. Thanks.

Advertisement

Last edited by jmon; 10-20-2013 at 09:34 PM.
jmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,044

Slab leak

Sounds more like a drain line starting to slowly clog. I would really look at that much more before digging.
jmon (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 83

Slab leak

If it was a clog, wouldn't it not drain properly. And how would the water come into the bedroom. I would think a break in the pipe would be there, right?
streetneons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,044

Slab leak

Not really, if you have lived in the house for a while and this just started recently it could be a slow build up and now it can't take the washer pressure and it's showing up in the bedroom. I would double check everything in and around the bedroom while the washer was pumping out just to verify it is a break below slab.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #6
Master Plumber

Rewards Points: 718

Slab leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetneons View Post
I have a florida house built in 2005. When ever I run the dishwasher I get a leak in the bedroom which is located right next to the kitchen. Does not leak any water when I do not run the dishwasher so I believe it is the drain pipe that has a problem, even though I can run the sink for an hour and still no leak, but I guess the pressure is not enough like the dishwasher draining water. I am curious, if the dishwasher and the leak in the bedroom are on the wall side, instead of breaking up the slab to get to the leak once located, can a plumber or myself dig up the soil on the outside and try to locate the damage. And can a plumber fix a slab leak from under the slab? or will they always fix from the top. Thanks in advance for any help.

This post sound familiar didnent you post this a few months ago???

Advertisement

Experience is Knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it

http://www.americandrain.net
Javiles is offline   Reply With Quote