Simple Coffee Shop Sink - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-15-2009, 05:24 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Simple coffee shop sink

I'm planning to start a coffee shop business at a retail space from scratch and am trying to reduce the cost of contruction at minimum. I want an advice on how to install the plumbing line from my sink to a drain (if there is one available/or whether I must make a hole on the wall) in a typical retail setting like this. Also, how do I setup a water heater if I want hot/cold water coming out of my sink faucet? I'm a complete newbie in plumbing. Thanks.

Advertisement

ppark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:27 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Simple coffee shop sink

Hate to say it but if you're asking these type of questions, you probably do not want to do this in a retail situation...you're opening your self up for a load of liability. It's one thing to work on your own home and put youself/family at risk..but not others that may work or patronize your establishment. If your really set on doing this...go to the library and get some books on basic plumbing....

Advertisement

Old 07-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,000

Simple coffee shop sink

I agree with Rippy on this one. Most codes require a licensed Plumber to install piping in sood service venues. In Ohio, this was also true for any commercial site.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
the Musigician

Rewards Points: 2,000

Simple coffee shop sink

+1 here. to both answers.
but once it's permitted, design approved, all legal, etc. you may want to consider a more cost effective "on demand" water heater installed under the sink, rather than a large tank sucking up space and $$$.

just my 2

DM
Old 07-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 10

Simple coffee shop sink

I see. I guess I will have to hire a plumber for it. Assuming that it will be a rather simple job (i.e. hooking up a pipe), and it requires 3 hours of work, what is the market price of hiring a plumber? Do they charge by hours or per projects?
ppark is offline   Reply With Quote