Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Shower Tower

I have recently purchased a Shower Tower. We are putting in a new bath tub. I really need assistance. Can anyone advise me on what type of faucet I need to purchase? The shower tower has two hoses for the hot and cold.
I want to be able to have the option of bathing or showering. Can anyone please advise me as to what exactly I need to complete this job.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Taah

Taah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:09 AM   #2
nap
You talking to me?

Rewards Points: 2,000

Shower Tower

what is the manuf and model?

It is likely you would pipe this direct from the hot and cold supply and then for the tub, just use a tub faucet. Each unit will be the on/off for that type of use.

What is currently in place now? Tub only, shower only, tub and shower with either a valve or a spout diverter

nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:17 AM   #3

Shower Tower

At this present time the bathtub is in a bad place. We have had our pipes burst and freeze. Therefore we have disconnected the pipes. When we do the remodel. We want to put in a new bathtub and add this shower tower.
I have search for a faucets but do not know what to buy.

The shower tower booklet state it is by Professional Shower Solutions.
The diagram shows two connecting hoses. The sales person said that all we have to do is connect the hoses. He did not seem to understand what I wanted to do.

When we install the bathtub I want to be able to switch from the bath to the shower.

Do I need to buy faucets and a spout with a converter. What about the plumbing. I do not know.

I appreciate your help.

Taah
Old 12-11-2010, 12:56 AM   #4
nap
You talking to me?

Shower Tower

I cannot find any manufacturer by the name of "professional shower solutions".

the two connecting hoses sounds odd. At first I thought you were simply referring to some hard pipe connection but with the description of what the sales person said, I think you actually meant hoses.

I can't offer a lot without knowing what, exactly, we are dealing with. You are going to have to figure out an actual manufacturer and model. In the literature, do they list any website for the manufacturer?
Old 12-11-2010, 01:52 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 150

Shower Tower

Sounds like you hook the hot and cold with Flex hoses... hmmm I would be interested in helping out also but I would need more info... Look for a model number or if you can find a link on the website for the store you bought it from then send that... Some Shower towers are just that unless you do some Plumbing magic.
Docwhitley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #6

Shower Tower

Hi: I appreciate all your help.
I purchased this shower tower from AFG Corp, 24 Ronson Dr, Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada, Tel:416-883-2441. They also have a web site. 401 home.com. The owners are Chinese I think. When I called for info on faucets they did not seem to understand. The shower tower has two sets of jets. they are in groups of three. A handle to control the temp. Another knob that switches the different jets. There is a large shower head. I checked the back and there is a long hose that goes from one of the sets of jets to the top large shower head. There is also two hoses that connect to the hot and cold lines. I would like to install a new bath tub. Could someone please advise me as to what type of faucet to purchase that will allow me to switch from shower to tub. My old tub has a copper pipe that runs from the centre of the faucet to the shower head. Please advise.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #7
nap
You talking to me?

Shower Tower

ok, this is the only page on that site I could find shower towers.

http://www.401home.ca/shower/list.html

Is yours shown there?
Old 12-13-2010, 10:47 AM   #8

Shower Tower

Yes- S066- as I described the hose that is connected to the temp. knob runs to the shower head. What do I do to be able to convert this so I can take a bath and then be able to use the Shower tower. I really appreciate you taking the time to assist me with this problem.

Taah
Old 12-13-2010, 01:12 PM   #9
nap
You talking to me?

Shower Tower

well, I can't seem to find any literature about the product. What I believe it needs is simply a hot and a cold water supply roughed in for it. You would have to determine the dimensions based on either supplied literature or taking dimensions from the unit itself of no literature available.

This unit was not designed to be integrated with a tub from what I can see but that doesn't mean you cannot use it as such. Again, with no literature to assist, this is kind of out of my head engineering but, I would think you would need to install a normal tub faucet for use in the tub. From the same supply pipes, you would install a rough in for this unit wherever you choose to mount it.

The tub faucet would not affect this unit in any way. When you wanted to use the tub, you would use the tub faucet and when you wanted to shower, you would use the shower unit.

Maybe there is a plumber running around on the forum here that can add or correct my input. Other than that, based on the questions you are asking, you might need the assistance of a plumber to design and maybe install the rough in for you.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #10

Shower Tower

Thank you. This makes sense to me. I will see if I can speak to a plumber.
But if you go on the Ask a plumber site. They charge you 42.00 before you ask the question. I feel that this is a little much. Anyway thanks for you time and input. I will try to locate a plumber.

Thanks again.

Taah
Old 12-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #11
nap
You talking to me?

Shower Tower

there are plumbers that cruise around here and there is no charge. Unless you plan on doing this real soon, I would keep looking for info without paying a website yet.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:57 PM   #12

Rewards Points: 150

Shower Tower

ok here is what I am thinking is your situation as far as the connections

You connect your hot water and cold to the bottom of the Shower tower Which has a diverter/mixing valve and that supplies your shower heads with the temperature you want and you may or may not have a spot at the top for another shower head

problem-
To use a Faucet you would need a connection after the Diverter/mixing valve... Some may have another opening for this from the bottom (YOU CAN NOT TEE OFF OF THE SHOWER HEAD AND COME TO THE FAUCET)

Now the first thing that came to my head was to come up and tee off to a diverter/mixing valve for the faucet and the other part of the Tee will go to the Shower tower

Docwhitley is offline   Reply With Quote