Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

shower pressure doubled???

Hey guys,

Last night my shower pressure seems to have at least doubled on me. its only in my shower, and non of my other sinks/faucets have increased.
I have a Moen Set in my shower, its about 2 years old. I am not able to increase or decrease the pressure manually, its just set at a constant pressure, i can either turn it on, off or adust the hot/cold. I dont know if there is something inside the tap itself that regulates the pressure and it broke?? i really have no clue. More pressure seems like its not a bad thing, but its to much and the water is shooting off the walls and out of the tub. lol. any idea what the issue is and how i can fix it?????

thanks

codie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,250

Call the utility that you get water from, and have them do a pressure test. I know one year, they were working on the mains down the road, and our water pressure had increased, and a couple of days later, they finished the work, and the pressure went down to how it was before.

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 3,150

There's nothing in a shower valve that can change the pressure. Only the flow from the hot and cold supplys is changed to prevent scalding.
joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 150

Sounds like the flow regulator in the showerhead failed. Try replacing the shower head.

What type/model showerhead do you have?
goosebarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 25

Maybe some one took out the water saver from the shower head. I do this all the time..I like taking a shower not like I am out side in the rain
ESCAMILLA is offline   Reply With Quote