Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #1

Share |
Question

Shower leak, now pressure issues (Delta monitor)

For the past month now, my shower head has been leaking. (I know it is not the actual shower head leaking, but the system itself).

So after reading forums and going to home depot, they all recommended replacing the springs and seatings on the cartridge. I turned off the water, unscrewed the handle, took off the metal casing, using a strap wrench to get the brass bonnett off, and took out the cartridge. I then took out the two little rubber seatings and the springs, and replaced them with the new ones I bought at Home Depot.

After putting it back together, I turned off the water, and voila, no leak. However when I turned the water on, it just starting flowing down, in one stream down from the shower head (like a sink faucet). AKA 0% water pressure

Anyone know why this is happening / have anything that could help!?

Thanks!!!

jlup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #2

1: Remove the shower head to make sure the screen is not clogged.
2. Get the instruction to make sure you have the scald adjustment set. If its way of this could be a problem.

tribe_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
Retired Army Veteran

IMO, sounds like your line had some accumulated debris in it that let loose. The cartridge itself maybe clogged/blocked and may need to be replaced.

Recommend you go right to delta's website (see link) and explain to them your problem and what you have done so far. They have great customer service support and very reputable, may replace it for free.

Once on their website, click on support. They have knowledgeable reps that will be more than happy to talk you through it. Call the Delta Help Line at 1‑800‑345‑DELTA (3358). The Delta Help Line is available between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. (CST), Monday through Saturday.

delta faucet website

Last edited by jmon; 05-06-2013 at 08:42 PM.
jmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #4

great, thanks for your help!!
jlup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
Retired Army Veteran

Your welcome, hope you get everything working the way you want it jlup. I've called them a couple times and they have always helped me. Hopefully they can help you as well.
jmon is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
delta, leak, plumbing, pressure, shower