Shower Heads - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 594

Shower Heads

I had posted in someone else's thread about shower heads. Rather than dilute his thread any further, I'm starting a new thread. Here's the dialog that occured so far:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerepairguy View Post
I'm looking for a couple of good shower heads. How do you like your Delta wide spray head? Is the spray strong or like from a flower watering pot? If you like it, what model is it?
Thanks,
HRG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I like this one. Have one on all my showers. Nice and big, but still plenty of pressure behind it.
http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatal...e=0-2131042038
Quote:
I was considering that shower head until I read this review on amazon:

"The experience of this shower head can best be described as standing under a garden watering can, that's about to run out of water. The pressure is very weak and the streams are hair thin. I figured the flow reducer inside might be partly to blame, so I proceeded to take it out (which took 15 minutes in a tool shop, because unlike with most shower heads, the reducer in this one is really difficult to remove. It finally came out in pieces.) Unfortunately, it still did not improve the water flow or pressure by any meaningful amount. It appears the internal design of this shower head just does not permit a lot of water to go through it."

I wonder if that poster just didn't have enough water pressure?

Thanks,
HRG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Either that or just an internet troll. I love them.
Quote:
Thanks Alan. I had ordered a different shower head from ebay prior to this thread. If it doesn't perform to our expectations, I'll try the Forte shower head that you're using.

Thanks,
HRG

Advertisement

Homerepairguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 594

Shower Heads

Quote:
Thanks Alan. I had ordered a different shower head from ebay prior to this thread. If it doesn't perform to our expectations, I'll try the Forte shower head that you're using.

Thanks,
HRG
Alan,

The shower head from ebay works very well. The pressure is great and there's plenty of water. The diameter of the spray is OK but does require moving about to rinse the body.

So I bought a Forte shower head to see how it compares. The diameter of the spray pattern is larger than the ebay one which is good. The water pressure is not as strong as I would like though.

Did you remove the flow restrictor in your Forte shower head? If so, how did you do it?

Also, did you figure out how to disassemble the Forte shower head? It seems that the entire front part up to the outer edges has to be unscrewed from the back part. It moves but I didn't want to break anything so I didn't try to unscrew it. Did you figure out how to disassemble the shower head?

Thanks,
HRG

Advertisement

Homerepairguy is offline   Reply With Quote