DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Shower Head w/ Hose But Hangs On Wall... Not spout?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Alan 
#1 ·
Hello,

After doing some searching and turning up nothing I would like to ask here. Maybe someone has used this... if it exists.

My house is mostly concrete wall & ceiling. In my bathroom we are going to tear out the old corner shower and put in a new one. Right now the plumbing is going through a framed wall which we will be tearing out and replacing with Glass Block. I will frame a little bit along the concrete wall, enough for hot and cold water to go up to a dropped down ceiling, which is framed down from the concrete ceiling.

I want to send the water to the ceiling where the spout will be (rather then tear up brick walls, both of which are common walls). I am thinking of using a showerhead that has a hose. The only ones I can find have the mount for the shower head built onto the spot you connect to the water spout.

My questions:
Are there any shower heads that have a mount independently of the spout?
What are your experiences with shower heads that are meant to mount on the ceiling?

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello,

After doing some searching and turning up nothing I would like to ask here. Maybe someone has used this... if it exists.

My house is mostly concrete wall & ceiling. In my bathroom we are going to tear out the old corner shower and put in a new one. Right now the plumbing is going through a framed wall which we will be tearing out and replacing with Glass Block. I will frame a little bit along the concrete wall, enough for hot and cold water to go up to a dropped down ceiling, which is framed down from the concrete ceiling.

I want to send the water to the ceiling where the spout will be (rather then tear up brick walls, both of which are common walls). I am thinking of using a showerhead that has a hose. The only ones I can find have the mount for the shower head built onto the spot you connect to the water spout.

My questions:
Are there any shower heads that have a mount independently of the spout?
What are your experiences with shower heads that are meant to mount on the ceiling?
Not that I'm aware of. The ones they make to hang from the ceiling (rain heads) you need to buy a long nipple with a finish color on it (brushed nickel, chrome, brushed bronze, etc etc..) usually longer than a standard nipple, and ~ 100-200 dollars and up depending on how long and what color. I wouldn't suggest jerry rigging something with a hose to mount on the ceiling. It will look like garbage, and it probably won't give you the effect you're looking for. To do it right, you'll have to have access to the attic space above your shower, and inside the wall behind the valve. Is it just sheetrock on the ceiling? Whats on the back side of the valve?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.