Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #1

Share |

shower head pipe snap inside of wall?

My shower head pipe snapped. The part where the threads thread into the pipe that is actually INSIDE of the wall (not on the outside where you thread the actual shower head onto the pipe) snapped so I've got a piece of metal stuck in there can't get it out.

I've tried Pb blaster and grabbing some pliers with hope of turning that piece of threaded metal that snapped off but it won't budge.

Any ideas? Am I going to have to cut a hole in the wall? Or is there some sort of coupler I can put on there? thanks!

snosurfa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #2

Yep, most likely your gonna have to cut the wall open to get that broken piece out.

retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
Custom Cabinet Maker

NO guarantees but they do make an INTERNAL Pipe wrench, If you can locate one you can try it. However be very aware that in doing so u r putting tremendous stress INSIDE the wall where the plumbing is strapped. Odds are you will more than likely have to open the wall but worth the shot.
skymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #4

Get an EZ-out at a hardware or Home Center. Take the piece of pipe you have with you so you get the correct size. Tape the EZ-out into a ratchet and socket (so it can't fall out in the wall) and stick it through the hole where it broke off. Should be easy to remove.