DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Shower Fixture (

sechard42 11-27-2011 01:57 PM

Shower Fixture
3 Attachment(s)
I have a leaky shower valve that I cannot figure out how to remove from the plumbing in order to repair or replace. Can anyone tell me what this valve is called or how it comes out? I really don't want to mess it up & put myself in a position of turning water off & on at the main cutoff every time I need to flush a toilet. Anyone know what it is?

Billy_Bob 11-27-2011 02:12 PM

I've never seen one of those, wait for someone else to answer...

But I would see if I could stick a screwdriver into that bottom opening and "flip up" that bottom plastic piece. Then try unscrewing the entire plastic piece counter-clockwise.

And before doing that, make note of how easily the lever operates. When reinstalling, turning that plastic piece not far enough and it will leak. Or too far and it might break or be impossible to operate the lever.

And carefully remove the insides. Take pictures of the way everything comes out. That little round plastic piece inside may have an up and down. And little parts with plastic and springs which go in a certain order.

Then if you get a replacement/repair kit, you can refer to the pictures as to how to reassemble.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1