DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Shower Control Valve (

AZSun 07-31-2011 01:43 AM

Shower Control Valve
I have a shower/tub combo with a faucet kit that has a head, control valve and trim and bottom spout. The shower control valve unit (center-piece) has a difficult time turning off and instead of buying a complete shower faucet kit with two pieces I don't need, I would like to buy just a new control valve (innards) and a new more modern looking trim piece, perhaps a chrome lever handle, instead of the plastic trim. Is it possible to buy only a replacement valve and a new modern trim piece? The unit is a Moen and about 10 years old but I don't know the model number. I looked online at the big box stores' online catalogs and valves can range from $10-$60 and I have no idea what kind I need. New three piece shower/tub faucets range in price from $50 to $400 and I have no idea on quality differences between the models. It's kind of frustrating.

Just Bill 07-31-2011 12:39 PM

Recently, manufacturers have been making a single valve body with a wide variety of trim options. Not sure 10 yrs is new enough. Check with Moen.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.