Shower Arm Question - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Shower Arm Question

I am trying to get the most height possible out of my small shower. I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer. Some background information - This is a small shower so I am looking for an arm that comes out no farther than 5 to 6 inches. I have 3 inches from the top of the shower outlet.

1. Do companies make custom shower arms? I am looking for an s-shaped shower arm that as stated above comes out 5-6 inches and utilizes the three inches above. I have seen other showerarms out there but they come out 15 inches and go up 6+ inches.

If not, I am looking to do the following:

2. Put a straight pipe out and then attach a small 45 degree fitting. Do they make shower arm fitting or elbow? The shower arms I have seen have a 30 to 45 degree angle but they come down 2 inches, I would like to maintain as much height as possible.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement

brakea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Shower Arm Question

if it was me i would make it out of poly elbows
they are threaded poly elbows you can buy from the irrigation shop that are called "artic risers" (articulated) they come in sizes from 15mm to 50mm and they work well for making different angles .they are mains pressure suited .. use thread tape on all the male threads.. it is basically a 90 degree poly elbow with male thread at one end and female thread at the other. see if you can match the thread size up on your shower head connection at the wall and use a few of them to get almost any angle u want straight off the wall.. they are very handy .. i have used this in my toilet instead of a braded hose from the water inlet as i changed my unit and it was on the other side and in a very hard to get place
hope this helps somewhat

Advertisement

Dr Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 500

Shower Arm Question

you could do some searching in this forum, not long ago, someone had the same question and someone posted a picture of an arm that does what you are looking for, sorry can't remember the exact post, was in the last couple months anyway.