Should I Be Concerned? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Should I be concerned?

my home was built in 1979, on a slab. I have a slow drip at the bathroom shower. It's the hot water. My girlfriend noticed an area of the floor that stays warmer than the rest. obviously where the pipe runs. It's a four foot or so strip about 2 feet wide from the sink/vanity to the shower. linoleum floor. She is concerned the prolonged heat could cause the pipe to burst or some bigger problem. If I replace the washer(which is what I had to do two years ago for the cold side) do you think this would suffice? I just can't afford much more at this time unless it's an emergency. Just wondering if this is something to worry about. My pipes sure are old of course...what do you all think?

Advertisement

merkaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
Experienced

Rewards Points: 2,000

Should I be concerned?

Hello Merk and welcome the best darn DIY'r site on the web.

The cost of a washer opposed to heating water you aren't using should come to an obvious conclusion.

Fix the drip save the energy!

Mark

Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 10:23 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Should I be concerned?

Of course. Just didn't know how fast I should get to it. I'm not the DIY type of person. I landed here after googling Plumbing Forum...but the most popular choice was for plumbers only. I'm sure I can pull it off without the obligatory DIY plumbing catastrophe. This would be a major job for me! My dad did the work last time but I remember the knob not wanting to some off. We had to bang and pull and prod which made me nervous. Maybe this one won't be too bad. haha
merkaba is offline   Reply With Quote