Shopping For An Electric Water Heater--Features To Look For? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Shopping for an Electric Water Heater--Features to look for?

Hi,
I'm at the stage in my remodel where I need to shop for an electric water heater. I'm pretty much resigned to a 40 or 50 gallon tank but was wondering if there were features worth considering while I'm looking for one.
I am putting this water heater in a remodeled mobile to pretty much a house on piers. We are initially going to use this as a get-a-way residence for a few years and then pretty much retire there. It is in East Tennessee so the temps are pretty warm in the summer and can get quite cold in the winter.
Also, should I invest in a water heater blanket, or are they a waste of money?
I'm not sure if all this helps in determining the best water heater, but thought that it might.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions that help me get the best unit for the money I will spend.
Murph

Advertisement

Murp-the-Surf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water heater jacket , water heaters