Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

sewer vent pipe Q!

I have been planning on putting in a jacuzzi in the bathroom but what's been stopping me is the sewer vent pipe routing. I'm putting in the jacuzzi in a existing bathroom and the wall i want to put it against has a sewer vent pipe running about 3 inches out from the inside bathroom wall running vertically from basement through bathroom floor through bathroom ceiling and outside. Q I have is vent pipe is a straight shot from basement to outside is it possible to put a 90 degree elbow in vent pipe in basement so i can move the vent pipe over to put it on other side of wall and run it through the next room instead which is laundry room? I can do it but what I am asking is it dangerous/not code to do and you need to have a straight run otherwise gases won't escape that easy?

obsidian231 is offline   Reply With Quote