DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Sewer Cleanout Replacement (

SER56 12-19-2012 07:46 AM

Sewer Cleanout Replacement
The sewer cleanout adjacent to my parking bay was run over and the cap is now broken. For whatever reason the contractors installed a 6" diameter cleanout for a residential townhouse. I want to replace the cleanout cap with one that is traffic rated. I assume I can use a rotor tool to cut off the top, broken area (cutting it from the inside) and then just set the new cap onto the vertical PVC pipe extending to the ground level...? Secondly, does anyone know where I can find a 6" diameter, traffic rated cleanout cap? Thanks!

rossfingal 12-20-2012 05:04 AM

You probably should have posted this in the plumbing forum - with a picture.
However, you can find a 6 inch clean-out cap at a plumbing supply house.


Javiles 12-20-2012 07:19 AM

go in to your local plumbing supply not H/D tell them what you have and what you want to do, clean out should be recessed with a second deary cover to absorb the weight, this cover may just pop off or with screws usually steel or cement, there are various types. its like a water meter box but for this application.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1