Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

settings for indirect water heater

I just moved into home with a weil-mclain ultra 105 series 2 boiler and a weil-mclain ultra plus 60 series 3 indirect-fired water heater. I wanted a complete inspection prior to purchasing. Ultimately the local service rep spent 27 hours resetting temps, rewiring improper setups, and fixing various other errors in initial installation. My questions is about the temperature setting for water going to the boiler. currently a shower longer than 15-20 min will deplete the hot water supply, however it recovers very fast. The new setting for the boiler to water heater is 140 degrees. The boiler manual states to leave it at the factory setting of 140. however the manual for the water heater gives the ratings for how much hot water you get based on boiler water temp of 190. I also see options for high and low fire water temps to from the boiler. The service person stated it should not go above 140. Since I see several conflicted statements between the service manuals for these products from the same company, I was wondering if anyone had experience or insight in this type of setup. I also have indirect floor heating in 3 other zones from this boiler which I believe are set at 130 degrees. An input would be appreciated. Just want to make sure it is set up right. Previous owner had it set up at 190 degrees, too hot for floor, but maybe ok for water heater?

doug32 is offline   Reply With Quote