Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-26-2011, 06:45 PM   #1

Share |

saniflo system

I have installed a 2x6 sub floor in my basement. I am installing a master bath in the basement with a saniflo system to handle the waste from a tub, toilet, shower, and vanity. The saniflo manufacturer details indicate the requirement of six inches below the shower and tub to allow for a P trap installation. My plumber is telling me that I have to raise the shower and tub an additional six inches for this system to be installed which will result in a step up into the shower. Is this additional six inches required or can the P trap and system be installed under the 2x6 sub floor that has been installed?

daerectors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:46 PM   #2

saniflo system

I would ask him to think long and hard. There are creative ways to trim a little elevation on the pipe layout. But I'm in no position to say that he can plumb it all in 6".

TheEplumber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #3

saniflo system

Thanks, That's kind of what I was thinking. Just don't understand why he needs 12" to plumb this system in.
daerectors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:12 PM   #4

saniflo system

Quote:
Originally Posted by daerectors View Post
Thanks, That's kind of what I was thinking. Just don't understand why he needs 12" to plumb this system in.
i haven't installed your system before so I don't know the pumps connection height. But I do know that a 3" 90 and toilet flange, plus grade will be close, if not more then 6". Then you still have to the tub and lav to pipe...
TheEplumber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:16 AM   #5
Plumb or Die!

saniflo system

The saniflow tank sits on the floor. You grade the pipes upwards to the fixtures. When you get to the shower, the shower needs to be elevated 6" so there can be a p-trap under it, as does the tub if it's a seperate fixture. Building the 6" subfloor for the entire bathroom was a waste of time if you did it just for the saniflow system. You were better off using regular fixtures. Cut the heck out of it for the drain pipes, and drain to a sump. Around here saniflows are $1000, you can buy a tub, toilet, sink and sump and all the pipe for that. Your plumbers right.
plumber666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
saniflo plumbing