Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-15-2008, 05:15 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Running a new gas line

Well, got my quotes back and it looks like I will be installing my gas line. I'm adding a couple of LP appliances as part of our remodel and the current line from our tank is not big enough.

I've talked to the plumbers and the inspectors and have a plan of attack. I have the pipe (black iron) route and size requirements. The project includes about 35 feet of trenching, then routing the line through the house that is currently open (studs).

My question for the board is: Are there any specific things to watch out for or tricks to make this project easier (besides the obviouse of hire a pro)? In order to save a couple of responses...yes, I am aware of all the risks including the house blowing up, and yes I have already talked to my inspector about the requirements and inspection points.

steve1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:06 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

Running a new gas line

Be sure the pipe dope you use has "LP and Natural Gas" on the label. Also be sure that whoever's doing the cutting and threading for you knows what they're doing. I have another thread going on those topics right now.
Good luck with your project.
Kirk

kboorman is offline   Reply With Quote