Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #1

Share |

Rotten egg smell from bio-clean, safe?

I've had a nasty mildew smell from my kitchen sink for two years, tried every home remedy, and finally bought some bio-clean. Just poured it down the two kitchen drains tonight and a short while later it started giving off a wicked rotten egg smell (first time fir that). I'm assuming it's the bacteria eating through loads of crud but am wondering if there are any safety concerns to having a one bedroom apartment fill up with that smell in the winter (windows closed) and with a small dog. Bio-clean oddly doesnt mention the smell on their site, but I remember dad using something on the shower drain two decades ago that caused a similar stink, but when dad did it he aired out the entire house. Is this smell safe or should I only be doing this in warmer weather when I can open the windows

Johndc is offline   Reply With Quote