Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-17-2008, 03:15 PM   #1
bkw

Share |

Roman Tub Spigot Problems - Phoenix Corp?

Hi all,
Hoping that someone here can assist me before I go out and call a plumber.

Summary of our problem:
- We have a Phoenix Corp roman tub faucet (independent hot/cold from shower piping) - absolutely zero instructions online available. As far as I can tell, this is a Chinese company and this model is no longer in their online catalogue.
- The spigot can turn 360* - which I'm sure it's not supposed to do
- If the spigot is not in the right position (10* in either direction), the hot and/or cold water stops flowing. Sometimes both, sometimes just hot and vice versa.

- There is no access to the plumbing under the tub or from a side access. The bathroom is tiled (floors and walls) and the wall adjacent next to the plumbing is the hallway - which is sheetrocked, along with a plywood barrier. Yes, I knocked a hole in the sheetrock to see whats on the other side

I've found water routing diagrams from the larger manufacturers (moen, american standard, etc) and they all appear to show the same thing - water to their corresponding cartridges, then a joined line to the spigot.

I've removed the plastic/faux chrome spigot cover and i can see the upper portion of the pvc spigot, but that's about it. I can't figure out how to remove the pvc spigot assembly, and I'm also a bit worried that if I do remove it, I'll disconnect one of the hoses going into it.

What could be wrong here? What do I need to do to fix it? Is this a problem for a professional? If I do call a pro, would there be considerable demolishing of the bathroom?

ALL suggestions and advice would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Thanks!
Brian

bkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
bkw

Roman Tub Spigot Problems - Phoenix Corp?

Oh, I forgot to add. I'm in Westchester County New York and if anyone in the area could recommend a competent plumber, I'd appreciate it!!
Thanks!

bkw is offline   Reply With Quote