Roman Facut - Replace Delta W/American Standard - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-29-2010, 03:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Roman Facut - Replace Delta w/American Standard

Greetings, all.

As an FYI, I'm a first time poster here and have limited plumbing experience.

I'm looking to replace my stock Delta roman faucet and would like to do so with an American Standard product b/c it matches the sink faucets the best. The specific American Standard faucet (with info on some of the specs) is at the following link: http://www.amazon.com/American-Stand.../dp/B0026SVNAK. I already removed the faucet and knobs.

Here's my question: is the above American Standard faucet compatible with the native set-up of the Delta faucet on my tub? (Pics of the Delta set-up are attached.) If not, can I easily make the Am. Standard faucet work with the current set-up? I don't have access to the innards of the tub and as I mentioned, my experience with these things is limited.

Any advice/input is appreciated. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Roman Facut - Replace Delta w/American Standard-roman-tub-1.jpg   Roman Facut - Replace Delta w/American Standard-roman-tub-2.jpg   Roman Facut - Replace Delta w/American Standard-roman-tub-3.jpg  

Advertisement

mormegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:37 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Roman Facut - Replace Delta w/American Standard

Would the door from my ford pickup attach correctly to your chevy? I am not trying to be a butthole, but with different manufacturers you have different spout connections and handle trim etc. I do not believe this stuff would be interchangeable. The only way to correctly install the new am stan valve would be to have access under the deck. Good Luck!

Advertisement

broox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roman faucet