Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #1

Share |

Rip it out, or keep going?

Ok, so this is my first attempt at DWV plumbing...I had trouble getting all the angles and heights right, that is why the Lav and tub have their own home runs to the main 3" drain. the outlet for that ptrap is about 3 inches HIGHER than the lav drain bend.

I vented the toilet because it is easy and didnt take any extra time...

No vent pipes run yet obviously.

So my question is, I am still fiddling to make sure all slopes are good, and I havent connnected that 3" line to the main drain yet...does this look reasonable or does it look like a hack chump did it?

I'm not opposed to ripping out and starting over, or calling a plumber, lol. I have much respect for licensed plumbers now, this is much harder than running supply lines.

THANKS!

BTW: dont mind all the wires...construction zone, lol, everything will be tidy'd up appropriatley

Shot at 2012-04-22

Shot at 2012-04-22

Last edited by jcrack_corn; 04-22-2012 at 08:40 PM.
jcrack_corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
Doing it myself

Send a message via AIM to Alan Send a message via MSN to Alan

I can't see from your pictures. How do you have the piping set for grade? It kind of looks like it's just sitting on the insulation.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #3

you can see the j-hook on the 3-inch..the other end of it is open right now and is just sitting on the joist, it will make a turn there to hook up with the stack and I will have that joist space to work in (8 foot run and 5.5 inches of space!, easy!)...

you can see on the 2" inch pipes I have 2x4s and shims (look closely!) right now as I am still fiddling with the slope (the lav is VERY close....i will probably rip it out, and run it outside of wall (since it will be in attic) and just revise that portion of the run....the tub drain has PLENTY of slope, that was the easiest.

I ran the lav plumbing under the subfloor because plan was to hook up with tub drain and run one 2 inch line to the 3" line....but the height difference was just beyond my skill level to make right....so now I can just abandon the subfloor plumbing and run that lav drain on outside of that back wall and I think that will make me happy.

So bottom line is i am meticulously checking all slopes, but was more worried about it not being a complete hack looking job...i tried to use all proper transitions and minimum amount of fittings I could.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #4
Doing it myself

Send a message via AIM to Alan Send a message via MSN to Alan

Well, it's not terribly sloppy, and I wouldn't call it a hack job, since everything I can see looks proper, but I can tell a plumber didn't do it.

Fair enough?
Old 04-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #5

yes, definitely fair enough! as i was wrapping up today I knew i wasnt happy with how it "looks." And i spend weeks planning the runs, it just didnt work out in the real world. it looked nice, neat, and professional with about 10 less fittings on paper!

I am going to revise that lav run as mentioned and pick up a test ball tomorrow...if it doesnt leak I guess we will go with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Well, it's not terribly sloppy, and I wouldn't call it a hack job, since everything I can see looks proper, but I can tell a plumber didn't do it.

Fair enough?