Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #1

Share |

Reverse osmosis hookup trouble

I have a WHER25 Reverse Osmosis filter that I'm hooking up to a moen sink with supply tubes built into the faucet. There is a 3/4" tee, 1/4" feed adapter that is supposed to screw into the 3/4" male adapter cold line from the bottom of the faucet. This particular Moen faucet doesn't have a 3/4" male adapter. Instead the supply tube is built into the faucet with nothing to screw onto. I have 1/2" by 1/4" stops that the supply tubes hook into. I figured I could disconnect the cold line and screw the 3/4" tee into the stop and the supply tube into the tee. I bought galvanized adapters to reduce down so I could get the supply tube and the stop connected to the tee and then feed the green tube that locks into the tee. Unfortunately, when I got the fittings to their right sizes I couldn't screw the 1/4" hub from the supply tube and the galvanized hub screwed into the bottom of the tee into the stop. the metal ferrels built into the supply tube hub and the beveled edge on the stop is preventing me from screwing the tee in. I'm at wits end on this one and I will take any suggestions possible.
bweaver15 is offline   Reply With Quote