Rerouting Bath Drain - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Rerouting bath drain

I'm currently remodeling my basement bathroom and there is a 2" PVC pipe from the first floor bathtub drain running across the basement bathroom ceiling to the stack. I am looking to reroute the drain pipe since it sits under the floor joists and drywall right at eye level. It looks awful. I have already taken down the old shower and pan( i will be building a new one to replace the old) which is almost directly under the bathtub and I wonder if I can run 2" PVC from the main bath drain and connect it to the basement 2" shower drain( under the concrete floor) almost directly below instead of where it currently is. I have venting figured out but wasn't sure if and where it should be attached. I would assume down from the p trap but how far? Any help would be great! Thanks!

Advertisement

Jcvcustomwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,664

Rerouting bath drain

Please post a picture.

Advertisement

Ghostmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Rerouting bath drain

Photo 2 shows the main bath drain pipe crossing the basement ceiling and empying into the stack. Photo 5 shows the drain crossing the middle of the room below the floor joists. Photo 6 shows where the drain comes down thru the floor, into the closet and then out to the stack. Photo 4 show the shower area and the distance between the shower drain and the bathdrain from upstairs. Photo 3 shows the P trap from the main floor drain (top) to the pipe leading to the vent(slightly to the right of this) and the drain pipe which leads to the stack.

I hope that made sense?
Attached Thumbnails
Rerouting bath drain-photo-2-.jpg   Rerouting bath drain-photo-3-.jpg   Rerouting bath drain-photo-4-.jpg   Rerouting bath drain-photo-5-.jpg   Rerouting bath drain-photo-6-.jpg  

Jcvcustomwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remodel bathroom , shower drain , waste pipe connections