Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #1

Share |

Replacing lines in old house

Going to be replacing the water lines in my father in laws house. Taking out the galvanized and replacing with PEX. Also moving the hot water heater (they had it in the bathroom....) to a back room.

It is a small house and all of the fixtures are on the way to the hot water heater from where the water comes into the house(it's a one floor house). I was planning on running 3/4 inch PEX all the way to the hot water heater for the cold line and since the faucets are 'on the way' will branch off with tees and use 1/2 inch to each faucet shut off valve. Would do the same with the hot water as well.

Anyone see any problem with this? Don't really have the room to use a manifold system. Main water line currently comes into the house in the bathroom so is going to be pretty tight just trying to get a water shut off valve in the house and accessible, but I will do it!!

Thanks in advance for the help.

merlin66043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin66043 View Post
Going to be replacing the water lines in my father in laws house. Taking out the galvanized and replacing with PEX. Also moving the hot water heater (they had it in the bathroom....) to a back room.

It is a small house and all of the fixtures are on the way to the hot water heater from where the water comes into the house(it's a one floor house). I was planning on running 3/4 inch PEX all the way to the hot water heater for the cold line and since the faucets are 'on the way' will branch off with tees and use 1/2 inch to each faucet shut off valve. Would do the same with the hot water as well.

Anyone see any problem with this? Don't really have the room to use a manifold system. Main water line currently comes into the house in the bathroom so is going to be pretty tight just trying to get a water shut off valve in the house and accessible, but I will do it!!

Thanks in advance for the help.
sounds like a plan...do it...ben sr

ben's plumbing is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ben's plumbing For This Useful Post:
VIPlumber (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #3

Trunk & branch is the type you're doing and works really well. Sounds like you're headed in the right direction.
VIPlumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
Master Plumber

Depending on your code you'll also need to run 3/4 up to the toilet then branch off in 1/2 to lave shower etc,

Experience is Knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it

http://www.americandrain.net
Javiles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot water heater, replacing water lines