Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #1

Share |
Unhappy

Replacing a kitchen faucet

Hi everyone,
Let me start by saying I know absolutely nothing about plumbing so this could be a really stupid question. Someone bought me a new kitchen faucet and after looking over the instructions I figured it looked pretty simple to install. I just looked under my kitchen sink and discovered the plumbing isn't like in the instruction booklet (greeeeat).
There are three copper pipes going directly from the floor to the counter with no shutoff valves. I don't see any spot where the faucet supply tubes connect to the copper pipes, so I'm assuming it's right at the counter top (kinda hard to see up there). There is one shutoff valve with a flexible line going to the dishwasher next to the sink.
So, I don't see any way I could make the new faucet fit (it's a Moen with long supply tubes). Am I missing something or is it time to call a plumber to cut the pipes and add valves?

Last edited by Anna123; 06-09-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Anna123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #2

Sound like unless you have the ability to cut the lines and install valves it might be time to call a plumber. I know this is a diy website, but if you don't have the tools needed, (torch, tubing cutter)etc. A plumber might be cheaper then purchasing them
just a guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #3

Thanks. I was just hoping I was missing something and didn't need to cut the pipes after all.
Anna123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #4

good luck
just a guy is offline   Reply With Quote